(Lightly edited to make sense in text form.)
Hello! I’m doing the Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag today, which Kathy tagged me in. And I’m so happy I finally met her and Sarah in person! You will see them in my vlog when I post it… Eventually. I’m already going off point, let’s get back to it. I have fifteen questions, I’ll just go through them and try to throw out what my answers are. So far this year, I have finished 72 books, and I’m currently reading three books.
2. Best sequel you’ve read this year. I think the best sequel so far this year would have to be A Closed and Common Orbit. It was amazing. No, wait! I take that back. Waking Gods is the best sequel. It’s part of The Themis Files series. The books are: Sleeping Giants, Waking Gods, and Only Human. I started reading Only Human, but then it was automatically returned to the library before I could finish it, so… It will be a while before I can finish it, but yes.
4. Most anticipated release for the rest of the year. I have two. What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera. And An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green, those two.
6. Biggest surprise. Okay, this was kind of not a surprise, but at the same time… Let’s Talk About Love. Okay. I knew I would like this book, but I didn’t think I would love it as much as I do. So if you haven’t read this, READ IT.
7. Favorite new author, either a debut or new to you. I couldn’t pick, I have two authors. The first one is technically not new to me, but she is new to me as in I’ve never read any of her books before, Jen Wilde. I finally read both Queens of Geek and The Brightsiders. I read those for the Queer Lit and Libraryathon. Yes. Yes, I can’t wait for her next book. And the second author is Angie Thomas. She wrote The Hate U Give, and that was her debut novel. Yes. If you haven’t already read it, you are missing out.
8. Newest fictional crush. I have to say Alfie from The Brightsiders. He’s just… Adorable.
9. Newest favorite character. I’ll pick one that’s not Alfie, and… It’s so hard to pick between all of my babies, but… I will pick two. Danny from Dreadnought and Prince Sebastian from The Prince and the Dressmaker. Both are amazing books, read them!
11. Book that made you happy, and how can I not say The Storied Life of AJ Fikry? A book about books and bookstores, book owners, yes. Yes.
12. Favorite book-to-film adaption you saw this year. I’ve gone to see several movies in the theaters this year, but I think the only film adaption I actually saw this year was A
13. Favorite video you’ve done so far this year. I have made a lot of videos, but I will have to say I do really like my two pride month videos that I made. The Pride Rewind tag, and My Queer Story. Those two, they’re the most recent, so… Also, my Queer Lit Recs. I’m pretty happy with that one. Oh, and my Creativity video from February. It’s short, less than two minutes of a quote from a Korean chef.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? I don’t have any “oh, I have to finish these books by the end of year” books. I just go with whatever I read. And I’m constantly getting new books, getting books from the library, so… It’s not smart to have a list of need-to-read-books-by-the-end-of-the-year. Soooo I guess that wraps up this tag! Leave a comment about what books you want to read or whatever to any of the questions. See you later!
If you want to support my content financially, I would really appreciate it if you joined my Patreon or made an one-time donation to my ko-fi tip jar. Subscribe to my channel. Follow me on my socials – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Thanks for reading, see you next time.