This is what happens when you don’t plan ahead.
Hello, and welcome to Vlogmas day 19! Today, I will be doing the “A Christmas Carol” Book Tag created by Lauren Wade. I was tagged to do this by Anna, we recently co-hosted the Queer Lit Readathon together. I have the questions here by me. I haven’t really thought about most of my answers in advance, so I’ll just go through and see what happens.
1. The Ghost of Christmas Past – a childhood favorite. Childhood… I don’t know. My first response would be Harry Potter. I was obsessed with the series, I read them I don’t know how many times. I’ve read them many times. Though… With the author being really problematic right now, I’m not sure if I want that to be my answer. I will always love Harry Potter and the universe. But… JK Rowling, really? So. To give you another magical alternative, one series I loved growing up was Young Wizards. The first book was called So You Want to Be a Wizard. I have the first six books in that series, I believe. I haven’t read them in a long time, I’m thinking about maybe doing a re-read someday when I get my books back from storage.
2. The Ghost of Christmas Present – A recent book that you think will become one of your all time favorites. My first response is recent, a really recent book, Cantoras. I… I just loved the writing in this book, and the story is just… It’s amazing.
3. The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come – A book coming out next year that you’re most excited about. I don’t really pay attention to when books are released, so I had to look it up on my GoodReads to see what books aren’t out yet. One is Spellhacker by M.K. England. Their first book, The Disasters, I loved that! And the premise for Spellhacker, yes, I’m excited for this one.
4. Bah, Humbug! – A book that everyone else loves that you just can’t stand. I don’t normally disparage books that much. But I guess one I would pick… I gave it an average rating, but now looking back, I’m thinking no, I don’t know why I gave it that rating. This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story. I really had a lot of problems with it. A lot of it to do with the representation of the deaf character in there. Just a lot of little issues with it. And the whole story was okay.
5. Bob Cratchit – An old dependable that you always recommend. I don’t really have that. It depends on the person, what they’re asking me for. I don’t have that one book I ALWAYS recommend.
6. Tiny Tim – An under-hyped book that you think deserves more love. So many books! I–one for–maybe it’s just me, I don’t really watch a lot of BookTube, but I feel like I don’t see this book being talked about a lot. Let’s Talk About Love. I just love this book. A fantastic main character that’s ace. I just… A black woman who’s also ace! Yes.
7. Today? Why it’s Christmas Day! – What’s a book that always gets you in the mood for Christmas (apart from A Christmas Carol)? I don’t really do that. I read year-round, and… Yeah, I celebrate Christmas, but I really get in the mood for Christmas with decorations and such. I don’t really read books to get in the mood.
8. The Muppet Christmas Carol – Your favorite film adaptation of a book. I generally prefer the book over the movie. I was trying to think, I felt like I just saw something that I thought the movie was really good, almost equal to the book. I was trying to figure it out, and I guess I’ll go with this. The Umbrella Academy. It’s technically a graphic novel, but I’m still counting this. The graphic novels are really…strange, and the storylines in that are just. Okay. But the TV show on Netflix, yes. I love it, and I can’t wait for the next season.
9. Tag some people! I don’t really follow that many BookTubers because a lot of them don’t caption, and I don’t feel like working through those. So the people who I tag may already be tagged, but whatever. And they all do caption. Kathy, Adriana, and Yvette. I will leave links below. That’s it for the “A Christmas Carol” Book Tag. If you want to do this, and you haven’t been tagged, consider yourself tagged. I have a video coming tomorrow that may be a little bit of a surprise. I hope that I can make it work. We’ll find out! Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow.
If you want to support my content financially, I would really appreciate it if you joined my Patreon or made a one-time donation to my ko-fi tip jar. Subscribe to my channel. Follow me on my socials – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Thanks for reading, see you next time.